Rosemarie Hahn came to the United States from Germany in 1950. She had been painting glowing watercolors of flowers and landscapes reminiscent of Nolde. After settling in Washington DC area she began painting on canvas in oil and acrylic paints. She developed an interest in man made forms of architecture.
In 1962 she joined Oscar Kokoschka’s School of Vision in Salzburg. With Kokolschka she developed a rapid and uninhibited bruch technique and an appreciation for representational expressionism.
The New York Art Review included her in “Leading Artists”, 1988. She has had 34 individual shows in Europe and the United States. Her first museum show was in the Brooks Memorial Art Gallery in Mamphis, 1976. Her art is represented in the Phillips Gallery, Museum of Modern Art, The Inter-American Development Bank, Art in Embassies, Montgomery County Art Council, the collection of the Sultan of Oman, and numerous collections around the world. She is the “Who’s Who of American Women”, 1995.